The air conditioning unit is a fundamental component in any home, especially in Cedar Park, TX, where the heat can sometimes be relentless. But what happens when your air conditioning unit breaks down in the middle of the summer?
Do not worry because many air conditioning repair companies in Cedar Park can help you get your unit up and running in no time.
The major issue is, who can you trust to do a good job? We’ll help you sort by the end of the article.
First, let’s look at common AC issues you should watch out for.
Common Air Conditioner Problems
One of the most common problems with air conditioners is a frozen coil. When the coil freezes, it prevents the AC from releasing cool air into your home.
You will likely hear a clicking noise coming from your unit if this happens. You can try thawing out the coil yourself by spraying it with a garden hose, but you will need to call in a professional if this does not work.
Another common issue with air conditioners is low refrigerant levels. This problem can be caused by several things, such as a leaky unit or a clogged filter.
If your AC is not blowing cold air, you likely have a low refrigerant level. You can try adding more refrigerants yourself. However, this may not work all the time, and so you will have to call in a professional technician to do it.
Other problems include:
1. A Constantly running AC unit
Sure, your air conditioner should run more often, especially in this Texas heat; however, there should also be periodic stops.
If your AC doesn’t shut off, the problem may be emanating from the thermostat, air filters, or even other electrical parts. If not fixed, it may be damaging other components of your HVAC system. At the same time, it will increase your energy bills.
So, if you notice this sign, you can try shutting off the thermostat fan to see if it shuts off the air conditioner. If it doesn’t, it’s best to call in an expert.
2. Frequent breakdowns
If your AC is not turning on, the problem may be because of a circuit breaker tripping, some loose wiring, or perhaps the thermostat is faulty.
If the problem is rectified, but you’re still experiencing breakdowns, it would be best to consider budgeting for a new cooling system since another repair would be costly. However, consulting a professional before doing so is necessary.
3. The AC is not producing any cold air
If, with your AC turned on, your home is still not getting cooled, the problem may be because the circuit breaker has tripped, or perhaps, it’s a problem related to low refrigerant levels. It may also be possible that the blower belt may be worn out.
This is a problem that can be easily fixed by an expert. That is why it’s important to schedule regular system tune-ups to help identify defective or worn-out parts and fix them.
4. Refrigerant leaks
Refrigerant leaks may not be easy to notice, especially for a regular homeowner. Still, there may be a problem if you notice any colored stains next to your AC or some excessive moisture outside the unit.
Refrigerant leaks are often caused by a blockage in the drain lines, faulty condensate pumps, and wear in the AC connections.
If you notice refrigerant leaks, turn off your AC and call the experts asap.
Refrigerant leaks will lead to low refrigerant levels, which may damage your compressor. The compressor is one of the most expensive parts to replace. So, act fast.
Tips to ensure your air conditioning unit is working properly
Dealing with a broken AC when the temperatures outside are boiling is frustrating. So, when summer sets in, you’ll want your central air conditioning unit to be working at its peak.
Here are simple tips to ensure your AC unit will serve you as it should:
- Get a tune-up: One of the best ways to keep your AC unit running smoothly is to schedule a tune-up with a professional technician. This will help identify any small issues that could turn into bigger problems down the road.
- Clean the filters: Another important step in keeping your AC unit functioning well is to clean the filters on a regular basis. Dirty filters can restrict airflow and cause the unit to work harder, resulting in decreased energy efficiency and increased costs.
- Replace your air filter every three months: A dirty air filter can reduce the efficiency of your AC unit by up to 15%. Replacing your air filter every three months will ensure your system is running at its best.
- Keep the area around the AC unit clear: Make sure there’s plenty of space surrounding the AC unit so that it can properly dissipate heat. Blocking the vents or piling items up against the unit will cause it to run inefficiently and could lead to premature failure.
- Check for leaks: Be sure to check for leaks around your AC unit on a regular basis. Leaks can not only decrease the efficiency of your AC unit, but they can also be a safety hazard.
- Ensure your refrigerant is compatible with your AC unit: Perhaps you upgraded your air conditioning unit; you’ll need to ensure the new compressor is compatible with the type of refrigerant your AC is utilizing. If not, your refrigerant can damage your new compressor. So, find out if you need to replace your refrigerant as well.
The whole idea is to have your air conditioning system performing optimally for top air quality. At the same time, it’s a way of making the space healthy for your family members.
While these tips are pretty practical, sometimes you will still find your AC experiencing problems. When it comes to that, hiring professional AC repair experts is the way to go.
Absolute Indoor Comfort, LLC Handles All AC Repair Services in Cedar Park
We’re the best cooling and heating service technicians in cedar park. Our business is customer-centered, and you can count on us to take care of your HVAC needs, whether it’s emergency services or you need a tune-up; our service tech team will always show up.
We have two ways to handle HVAC issues. One is through AC repair and the other, AC replacement.
When do we do AC repair?
AC repair is the perfect solution for:
- A motor that won’t start
- A compressor that makes noise
- Leaks in the coils or refrigerant lines
- Inadequate cooling
- Frequent cycling on and off
- Water leaking from the unit
- Thermostat problems
If your AC system falls into any of these categories, it’s probably time for an AC repair.
When do we do AC Replacement?
There are cases when AC replacement is a better option than AC repair. If your system meets any of these criteria, it might be time for a new one:
- Your unit is more than ten years old
- The cost of repairs would be more than 50% of the cost of a new system
- Your system is not cooling your home adequately
- You have to repair the system constantly
- The inside or outside of the unit is damaged
- The system cannot be repaired without making significant changes to your home
We understand AC replacement can be hectic and expensive, so we resort to it only when AC repair is not advisable and might be more expensive.
How much does an AC repair cost?
The cost of an AC repair will vary depending on the issue. A simple repair, such as a dirty air filter, will be less expensive than a more complex repair, for instance, the compressor.
Generally, you can expect to pay between $125 and $459 for an AC repair. However, if your compressor needs to be replaced, the cost could be a little higher.
As Absolute Indoors, we offer different financing options to ensure you do not strain much to pay the whole amount all at once.
What other services do we offer?
- HVAC services (new HVAC system installation and HVAC repair)
- Heating and cooling services
- Air ducts repair and installation
- Electrical and gas furnace repair
- Emergency repair services
- Heating system installation and repair
- Thermostat installation and repair
- Flame sensor repair
- Air duct installation
- Furnace maintenance and repair services
- HVAC systems maintenance plans
- Bi-yearly and yearly maintenance
Why Choose us?
For the 6 years that we’ve been in business, we pride ourselves in excellent workmanship, experience coupled with quality work, and great customer service.
Our goal is to ensure every customer in cedar park, TX, and the surrounding areas are served in accordance with their needs.
We absolutely love what we do and it shows in our work and our overall rating of 5 stars on major platforms such as HomeAdvisor. Besides, we offer free estimate on all our services.
So, if you need top notch Cedar Park AC repair, and other HVAC services, including heating unit servicing, look no further. Absolute Indoor Comfort, LLC will provide you with reliable service at very competitive pricing.
Call us today at 512-620-3695.